This summer, the 3 day/3 ceremony Immersions will be held in quiet, nature-immersed locations throughout Europe. We only invite a maximum of 10 participants to create an intimate and personal experience. Understanding the importance of creating a safe, comfortable and loving space, we put every effort to make sure this is provided.
The immersions will be 3 days and nights (starting on Friday afternoons and ending Monday morning). There will be 2 consecutive evenings in ceremony with the grandmother medicine, Ayahuasca and the final day ceremony with the grandfather medicine, Huachuma for grounding and integrating your experience. (see schedule for a more details)
The Immersions are lead by Brother with support provided by his partners Inge, Gita and Guido. Brother has over 15 years experience holding retreats and 9 years of working with plant medicines while living in the Sacred Valley of Peru and more recently, the Netherlands. He is well versed in working with the situations and energies that arise within ceremony and facilitating a clear space that supports the healing and awakening process.
The ceremonies throughout the weekend are guided by mantras & medicine songs from different traditions, icaros from the jungle, meditations and silence; all with the intention of personal healing, awakening & transformation. The medicine we work with comes from a family of brew makers in the Peruvian jungle. It is prayer filled with only the vine and chakruna. Nothing else mixed in. Rapé and sananga, 2 other other sacred medicines from the Amazon will also be offered throughout the Immersion.
Depending on the location, you will be sent the travel details for that particular location once you are registrered.
The cost of each immersion varies due to the different venue expenses of each location. They range from 590 – 690€. This exchange is for all ceremonies and healing work throughout the weekend, 3 nights accommodation, food and transport to and from the nearest airport or train station if necessary. We do not charge for the medicine and there are no other required costs.
Note: Once your registration is accepted, a deposit will be requested to reserve your place.
This is just to give you an idea of the structure of the weekend. We do not run the immersion by a schedule or times, but instead guide the experience by what arises throughout. Please know that a meditative silence will be encouraged for the majority of the weekend.
– Arrive, settle in, meet other participants
– Rest for ceremony
– Sharing: Plant medicines, ways to work with them and tools for navigating your journey.
– Ceremony guidelines & instructions
– Food and rest for the evening
– Flower bath
– Individual or group session w/Brother
– Light lunch
– Contemplation, rest, walk in nature, etc.
– Sharing by Brother
– Rest for the evening
– Flower Bath
– Fire Ceremony
– Integration / Final sharing
– Leave the following morning.
One of the most important aspects of working with Ayahuasca is adhering to a time-honored tradition of following a special diet in order to prepare not just the body, but also the mind and spirit. This diet not only creates the ideal internal environment for the medicine to be effective, but also shows the spirit of plants the strength and sincerity of your intention.
- Connect deeply with your Intention/Motivation.
- Practice the Awareness Meditation daily. (sent to you prior to immersion)
- Pre & Post Preparations – Physical Body
- The following recommendations are suggestions of The Fasting Path family, based on our own personal experiences and guidelines from the native Peruvian Ayahuasca tradition. We suggest you prepare yourself mentally for a 6 week journey, 4 weeks prior and two weeks after the Immersion.
- 4 weeks before and 2 weeks after:
- No red meat or pork
- No antidepressants, SSRI’s and mood stabilizers (please see the “Drugs to be Avoided” page and be sure to have informed us of any medications you may be taking)
- 1 week before and 1 week after:
- No dairy products (fresh, organic eggs are fine)
- No meat (fresh water, white fish is fine)
- No processed foods (bags, boxes or cans)
- No added sugars (small amounts of honey is ok)
- Minimal salt & spices
- No hot, spicy foods
- No fermented foods
- No fried foods
- No alcohol, caffeine or other street drugs (If you smoke marijuana or drink alcohol, please read our view of their effects on the “Drugs to be Avoided” page)
- No carbonated drinks (herbal teas and water is ideal)
- All other medications stopped
- Avoid non-tantric sex (including masturbation) to retain your vital energies.
- Preparations – Mind & Spirit
- What makes working with plant medicines different than any other path of personal and spiritual development is that there is no external teacher. The Ayahuasca experience holds the potential to help us to look at, question and transcend limiting beliefs adopted during our lives. However, the potential of Ayahuasca is limited by the mindset one brings to the ceremony. Having a humble heart and a clear mind, with a strong intention/motivation for working with the medicine directs the experience and lends to the depth and transformational power of your work together.
Note: Please take these preparations seriously. We want to do our best to help you get the most from your experience and to ensure the safety of yourself and that of the other participants as well. Let us know if you have any questions.
What to Bring:
Please be sure to let us know if you can not bring anything on the list.
- Warm and comfortable clothing – Keep in mind that you will be sitting for 5 hours or more and your body temperature may shift from hot to cold throughout.
- Walking shoes. May be rainy and muddy.
- Water bottle (plastic or steel)
- Small flashlight (red light if you can)
- Notebook/journal and pen
- Toiletries (as natural as possible)
- Earplugs (optional)
- Towel & wash cloth
- Bathing suit
- Pillow case
- Bottom sheet or sleeping bag (especially during cold season)
- Intentions without expectations.
Please do not wear any make up, perfumes or colognes.
Once you know that you would like to attend an immersion, fill this questionnaire out to register. Please share openly and thoroughly with each of the questions so we may get to know you and your intentions for registering.
This form is designed to assist you in getting the most out of your work with the medicine. The information provided will be kept private.
If all of the questions are not answered, the form will not be received by us. You should see a “Thank you message” after sending. If you do not, then it did not go through.
Once your questionnaire is received, we will review it and reply to you within a few days. If an invitation is received, a deposit will then be requested in order to reserve your space. At this point, you are officially registered and detailed information will follow.
If you do not hear from us within 3 days, please contact us to confirm receipt of your registration.