Assisting the work of the ceremonies will be silence, nature, kundalini yoga and meditation, fire ceremonies, self inquiry sessions, relaxing in the hot tub, flower baths, essential oils and sharings to deepen your understanding of the medicine, the process that’s unfolding and the life in which you are experiencing.
Please note that although this is not a silent retreat, you will be asked to observe a meditative silence throughout the week.
No more than 7 participants will be invited to create an intimate and personal experience. The accomodations, though very nice, are basic. You will share a room with 2 or 3 others. The food will be made with love, but without spices and oils to assist the process. There will be little external stimulation in order to create the space for you to look deep within yourself. There will be no electronic devices, books or music allowed.
The location choice is integral to holding a clear and safe space for the group energy. The journey will be held in Holland (near the Belgium border) at a cabin located in the woods, free from electricity, neighbors and noise.
Note: Due to the nature of the work, staying at the cabin with the group for the whole week is mandatory.
Exact location and travel details will be given once you are registered.
October 7 – 12, 2016
The retreat will begin at 2pm on the 7th and end around 1pm on the 12th.
Understanding the importance of creating a safe, comfortable and loving space, we put every effort to make sure this is provided. The retreat is led by Brother, having years of experience holding retreats while working with Ayahuasca and other yogic and psychotherapeutic modalities. He is well versed in dealing with situations and energies that arise throughout the experience and facilitating a clear space that supports the healing and awakening process. While Brother leads the retreat, medicine partners, Anke and Guido will also support in order to provide a safe environment for you to have your journey.
The ceremonies will be guided by mantras & medicine songs from different traditions, icaros from the jungle, meditations and silence; all with the intention of personal healing, awakening & transformation. The medicine comes from a family of brew makers in the Peruvian jungle. Brother’s medicine tribe has been getting it from this family for over 15 years. It is prayer filled with only the vine and chakruna. Nothing else mixed in. Along with Ayahuasca, rapé,
another sacred medicine from the Amazon will also be offered throughout the Immersion.
We ask that you arrive no later than 1pm the day the retreat begins into Eindhoven; either the airport or train station and schedule your departure on the final day no earlier than 4 pm from Eindhoven (or 6pm from Amsterdam). We will arrange for pickups from the airport and train station and notify you once we receive everyone’s travel details.
If you are planning to fly, you will want to book a flight into Amsterdam or Eindhoven airports. If coming into Amsterdam, you will take the train to the Eindhoven train station (1.5 hours). You can buy your train ticket at the airport once you arrive. They run about every 30 minutes. Details about the train and it’s schedule can be found here.
If you are driving, we will send you the exact address the week the retreat begins. The location is about 30 minutes from Eindoven.
If you would like to arrive early or stay a day or two more, you can go here to search for a Bed & Breakfast in Amsterdam or Eindhoven. If you are arriving early or staying after, we suggest coming to Eindhoven to find a place to stay instead of staying in the energy of Amsterdam. Keep in mind that you will be very open and sensitive after the week and although Amsterdam may be an appealing destination, it may not be the ideal choice.
Note: The cost of the retreat is for the healing work accompanying the 3 ceremonies, the facilitator’s supervision, the ceremony space, 5 nights accommodation, food and transport to and from Eindhoven airport or train station if needed. We do not charge for the Ayahuasca.
Due to the limited number of participants, we will request a deposit once you are confirmed to reserve your space.
In preparation for this initiation, we ask that you are sure that you can commit to both preparing physically and mentally before
the retreat and follow the post retreat guidelines after
the retreat. This is one of the most significant elements of the experience.
One of the most important aspects of working with Ayahuasca is adhering to a time-honored tradition of following a special diet in order to prepare not just the body, but also the mind and spirit. This diet not only creates the ideal internal environment for the medicine to be effective, but also shows the Spirit of Ayahuasca the strength and sincerity of your intention.
- Connect deeply with your Intention/Motivation for the retreat.
- Practice the Awareness Meditation daily. (sent to you once you are registered)
- Pre & Post Preparations – Physical Body
- The following recommendations are suggestions of The Fasting Path family, based on our own personal experiences and guidelines from the native Peruvian Ayahuasca tradition. We suggest you prepare yourself mentally for a 6 week journey, 4 weeks prior and two weeks after the retreat.
- 4 weeks before and 2 weeks after:
- No red meat or pork
- No antidepressants, SSRI’s and mood stabilizers (please see the “Drugs to be Avoided” page and be sure to have informed us of any medications you may be taking)
- 1 week before and 1 week after:
- No dairy products (fresh, organic eggs are fine)
- No meat (fresh water, white fish is fine)
- No processed foods (bags, boxes or cans)
- No added sugars (small amounts of honey is ok)
- Minimal salt & spices
- No hot, spicy foods
- No fermented foods
- No fried foods
- No alcohol, caffeine or other street drugs (If you smoke marijuana or drink alcohol, please read our view of their effects on the “Drugs to be Avoided” page)
- No carbonated drinks (herbal teas and water is ideal)
- All other medications stopped
- Avoid non-tantric sex (including masterbation) to retain your vital energies.
- Preparations – Mind & Spirit
- What makes working with plant medicines different than any other path of personal and spiritual development is that there is no external teacher. The Ayahuasca experience holds the potential to help us to look at, question and transcend limiting beliefs adopted during our lives. However, the potential of Ayahuasca is limited by the mindset one brings to the ceremony. Having a humble heart and a clear mind, with a strong intention/motivation for working with the medicine directs the experience and lends to the depth and transformational power of your work together.
- You may want explore these questions.
- What would you like to change in your life?
- What challenges would you like to resolve?
- What answers are you seeking?
Note: Please take these preparations seriously. We want to do our best to help you get the most from your experience and to ensure the safety of yourself and that of the other participants as well.
The retreat is the beginning of the transformation process, where the post retreat can often be the most impactful. This part of the experience is fundamental to enabling the medicine to fully integrate. Most likely, your insights will continue during this time and far beyond it.
What to Bring:
Please let us know if you can not bring something on the list.
- Warm and comfortable clothing – Keep in mind that you will be sitting for 5 hours or more during ceremonies and your body temperature can shift from hot to cold throughout.
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow case
- Yoga mat or sheep skin
- Towel & wash cloth
- Toiletries (natural products)
- Notebook/journal and pen
- Art Supplies if you would like to draw, color or paint
- Instruments if you play
- Small flashlight
- Water bottle (plastic or steel – no glass)
- Slippers for indoors (shoeless cabin)
- Walking shoes. May be rainy and muddy.
- Bathing suit for hot tub
Do not bring cosmetics or perfumes of any kind, music players, books or electronics.
Please share as openly and thoroughly as possible so we may get to know you and your intentions for registering. This form is designed to assist you in getting the most out of your work with the medicine.
NOTE: The information provided will be kept private. If all of the questions are not answered, the form will not go through.
Once your questionnaire is received, we will review it and reply to you within a few days. If an invitation is received, a deposit will then be requested in order to reserve your space. At this point, you are officially registered and detailed information will follow.
If you do not hear from us within 3 days, please email us to confirm receipt of your registration.